When it comes to kitchen remodeling, choosing the best kitchen countertop is critical. Among the various materials in the market, if you want a long-lasting beauty and durability, nothing can be wrong from choosing granite countertops.
In terms of beauty, its elegance is timeless with its natural veinings and color transitions. It is almost always breath-taking to see premier granite kitchen countertops in modern homes.
Likewise, if you want a reputable stone countertop supplier and installer, you can always count on us Precision Stone Design. We can give you a free estimate for your best granite countertops and several options for design and size.
Pros Granite Countertops
- Durable – It has comparable hardness with quartz which makes it almost impervious against scratches and cuts. With the harsh conditions inside the kitchen, granite kitchen countertops can exceedingly withstand these things.
- Unique and Natural Elegance – The natural veinings which randomly shifts from thin to thick lines in its surfaces look stunningly amazing. Not to mention, the random specks of colors in its background adds unique beauty.
- Heat Resistance – Granite is made from igneous rocks, so it is innately compatible with high-temperature conditions. No worries when accidentally place hot items on its surface.
- UV Resistance – Unlike quartz, granite countertops can be used outdoors because it does not react when exposed for long hours with UV light rays.
- Increase in Resale Value – The material and labor cost of granite countertops can increase the overall resale value of your home.
- Easy to Clean – Granite countertops are resistant to chemicals, so you can use any cleaning agents but we recommend you go for a mild pH one. Likewise, use a non-abrasive cloth for wiping to prevent its sealant film from being removed.
Cons Granite Countertops
- Can be Porous – Naturally, granite countertops have a porous mineral structure which requires periodic sealing to enhance its antibacterial and anti-stain properties.
- Pricey – With the excellent traits and functionality of granite kitchen countertops, it also comes at a hefty price. Nevertheless, there are five quality levels of granite countertops with varying prices in the market. This provides extra flexibility on your budget.
- Limited Design – Unlike with man-made stone countertops, you have fewer options for the designs and colors of granite kitchen countertops. The typical colors available are white, black, pink, gray, red, blue, and green granite countertops.
Precision Stone Designs is one of the leading supplier and installer of high-quality granite countertops. We can provide plenty of options and customization to match your needs for remodeling. All our materials and services are backed with a limited warranty for guaranteed customer satisfaction.
Why Granite Kitchen Countertops?
Whether you aim for a modern or traditional kitchen layout, granite countertops can definitely fit in with ease and elegance. Moreover, it is impervious to scratches, dents, and hot objects placed on top. It also increases the overall resale value of your home.
What Are the Different Types of Granite Countertops?
There are also different types of granite countertops in terms of color. Let us try to know each one of them.
This type is mainly composed of feldspar and quartz which contributes to its milky white to off-white color. Still, you can see some specks of other colors like black, red, gold, and blue in its surfaces with the presence of other minerals.
This granite countertop has a balanced proportion of amphibole (black specks), feldspar, and quartz in its components. It is the most common and highly available in the market.
This type has only 20 percent quartz and more granite contents. However, what makes it black is the gabbro mineral which also came from igneous rocks.
What makes this look red in color is the presence of potassium-feldspar mineral. Likewise, the presence of iron oxide in feldspar increases the redness of this granite countertop.
This also has the contents of potassium-feldspar but in fewer concentrations which contributes to its pink color. You can still see black and white specks in its surfaces.
This granite countertop is no longer pure granite but it has the igneous mineral Larvikite which contributes to its blue color. Another mineral which adds up to its blue color is ANorthosite.
What Are the Common Types of Granite Countertops in the Market?
Precision Stone Design is one of the leading suppliers of the common types of granite countertops used for residential and commercial remodeling projects. We can give you a free consultation if you are having a difficult time with remodeling your kitchen and bathroom.
Common Types of Granite Countertops
- Absolute Black Granite
- Volga Blue Granite
- Baltic Brown Granite
- Uba Tuba Granite
- Tan Brown Granite
- Black Galaxy Granite
- Kashmir White Granite
- Black Pearl Granite
- Bianco Antico Granite
Granite kitchen countertops can be your best choice to upgrade the beauty and value of your kitchen and home. There are plenty of options but if you are having a hard time choosing, you can always give us a call for professional assistance.
We have been the go-to supplier and installer for a variety of countertop materials for residential and commercial renovations. Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Call Precision Stone Design for the best and affordable granite kitchen countertops for your remodeling project.